“Enhancing the lives of those we serve every day”
Under the general supervision of the Customer Care Supervisor, a Customer Care Specialist is responsible for maintaining a positive, helpful attitude and approach in providing excellent customer service to all customers which includes; patients, clients, referral sources, physicians, sales representatives, and fellow coworkers.
- Answers incoming phone calls and faxes, takes customers’ orders for durable medical and respiratory equipment, repairs, supplies, and other miscellaneous items
- Maintains open communication with patients/clients and referral sources
- Responds to patient/client questions and problems
- Services walk in customers as needed
- Prepares intake, gathers all necessary information about referral, patient demographics, contact person, physician, diagnosis, discharge time and place, item(s) requested
- Gathers all necessary documentation, prior to delivery CMN, Rx, ABG, Care Plan, Auth, etc.
- Verifies medical necessity with physician
- Verifies eligibility and coverage with Insurance and carrier according to guidelines or contract
- Verifies payer (with matrix), obtains authorization, expiration date
- Verifies patient demographics and prior equipment usage with patient
- Informs patient of financial responsibilities: copay, share of cost, deductible, etc.
- Enters data and each order (new or otherwise) in system accurately and in a timely manner
- Processes closet and on call orders as received
- Enters notes in appropriate areas of insurance, general, and authorizations in the computer system
- Process orders to shipping or dispatching for Technician or RT deliveries
- Remains knowledgeable on product and insurance coverage issues in order to inform patients of copays and other benefit information
- Attends all departmental meetings, company meetings, and in-services
- Reports to work daily and is ready to work at the scheduled start time
- Works Saturday assignment as needed or scheduled
- Performs any other duties that may be requested by supervisor or management
- Understand and adheres to all of SuperCare Health company policies
- To remain knowledgeable to date on all products, guidelines and insurance coverage trends
- Maintain a professional safe and clean work environment.
- Understand and adheres to all of SuperCare Health company policies.
- Perform all other duties as assigned and required
- Must meet minimum of monthly goals
- Schedule- varying start times
- Fundamental Computer Skills
Education and or Work Experience Requirements:
- Experience with Medical Supply Company
- Knowledge of diagnosis and Medical terminology
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Detail oriented
- Previous Management/Supervisor or Lead experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Experience in healthcare, medical and/or HME industry (preferred)
- Be able to work on multiple tasks. Plan and prioritize actives to achieve results and meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- Corporate location is in City of Industry.
- Flexible Savings Account
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Observed Holidays: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day.
- Paid Training
- Paid Time Off
- Sick Time
- Remote Work Opportunity
- Growth Opportunities
- Employee Referral Reward Program
- Employee Discount Program
What SuperCare Health is About
"SuperCare Health is a comprehensive, post- acute care, respiratory services company, focused on managing high-risk respiratory patients in their homes.
Today, SuperCare health manages millions of lives annually, with a growing team of more than 400 members, and has one of the highest-rated satisfaction scores from both our customers and patients.
Our goal is to be the most trusted and preferred resource to manage high-risk, post-acute respiratory patients through our high-touch clinical team and high-tech, innovative solutions. Our end-to- end care solutions, from the hospital to the home, close gaps in care, reduce costs of care and improve outcomes. Our in-home services include ventilation, oxygen, CPAP/BiPAP, enteral nutrition, pharmacy services, and an expanding population health program.
We are uniquely structured to be a responsive and agile community provider, yet we also possess the stability and effectiveness of a large enterprise. As a thriving business, our chief focus is on what really matters: reducing hospital re-admissions, optimizing outcomes and improving the lives of patients with chronic care diseases, every day.``
Connect With Us!
Company Website https://supercarehealth.com/
Company Business Hours - 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM PST
Savannah Stephenson - HR Talent Acquisition Specialist LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/sa...